I simply LOVE the articles on daveramsey.com probably because I agree with them 100% and I know that you guys are always looking for the best way to get great deals and well Dave and his group just put it so simply.
This article is a guest post by Kelly Hancock- read the full article HERE - you know you want to it’s really good.
- Make a Plan. Set up a gift-giving and holiday meal/party budget with a detailed list.
- Shop Black Friday. The deals are really out there, not just on Black Friday, but all weekend through Cyber Monday.
- Make Homemade Gifts. Shopping isn’t everything. In fact, the real value isn’t in the gift but in the heart behind it.
- Coupons, Coupons, Coupons! When it comes to cooking for Christmas, I coordinate our holiday meal—meats, sides and desserts—with what’s on sale at the grocery store.
- Hit the Clearance Racks. Shop the clearance sections at major retailers before you ever spend time looking at anything else.
- Shop Year Round. Timing is everything.
That’s just a little sneak peak for you into the article so be sure to go read the full article HERE to get the fullness of this great tips!
My husband and I will be celebrating a debt free Christmas! After some long hard work we have been debt free for a while now and we definitely won’t be going back to those awful ways that got us into the mess in the first place. Christmas for us this year wasn’t a surprise and our kids will still be enjoying their favorite new hot holiday toys due to following some simple steps suggested by Dave Ramsey- our biggest one BUDGET. Yes we are actually prepared for Christmas this year .